A powerful six-month journey embodying the Wise Woman Tradition through cultivating self love & relationships with wild plants
March 28, April 18, May 30, July 25, August 22, September 12
Come explore a groundbreaking system with Corinna Wood, a woman-centered, earth-based, trauma-informed system of compassionate communication (NVC). Based in our bodies’ energy centers and the seasons of the moon and the plants, this system reveals how our strong female feelings guide us toward discovering our underlying needs. And as we embrace our needs, we support our thriving. We will also spend time outdoors, learning hands-on with wild plants and herbs. As we get to know the green allies, we recognize the cycles of the Earth, which are reflected in our own psyches, especially as women.
Learn to embody self-love the Wise Woman Way! In this healing, intimate circle of sisters honoring women and the Earth, we embrace the culture of the Wise Woman Tradition. Together, we reclaim sacred relationships with ourselves, the plants, and our sisters.
Connecting with yourself, loving yourself as a woman
- Deepen your love for yourself and connect with your own internal wisdom
- Learn a language of feelings and needs for self-understanding and self-expression
- Understand impacts of trauma and examine underlying beliefs that inform your choices
- Develop personal strategies for meeting your needs to support yourself thriving
- Translate concepts to personal experience through self-reflective exercises in class and at home
Wild women ~ wild plants
- Expand your circle of herbal allies to incorporate into your everyday life
- Learn to make medicine from common, abundant wild edibles and medicinals
- Share hands-on learning experiences of seeing, touching and tasting the plants together
- Learn basic botany skills for herbalists to identify and categorize wild plants using botanical nomenclature
- Practice plant identification and medicine making through suggested assignments between sessions
Corinna Wood, Wise Woman Tradition herbalist and teacher
A seasoned Wise Woman Tradition herbalist, teacher, visionary, and mother, Corinna Wood is founding director of Southeast Wise Women and co-founder of Red Moon Herbs.
More about Corinna
Daily schedue for each of the six sessions
10:00 am - 1:00 pm ~ Morning session
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ~ Siesta/study lunch break
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm ~ Afternoon session
The program takes place in downtown Black Mountain, NC
Registration for Saturday Studies
Six Saturdays, March through September: March 28, April 18, May 30, July 25, August 22, September 12
- Submit an application
- Upon acceptance, pay $300 to register and secure your spot. Remaining balance due prior to start of program.
Please complete the application to receive more information about the following financial assistance options.
- Scholarships: Due to socio-economic impacts of racism, scholarships are prioritized for women of color with financial need.
- Work exchange: Limited work-exchange positions are available for women local to Black Mountain who are able to offer garden/landscaping work in February, March, and April 2020
- Payment plans: Custom payment plans can be arranged to help manage the expense.
Fees are refundable for cancellations prior to February 20, 2020, minus an $85 cancellation fee. After February 20, 2020 there will be NO refunds.
Questions? Please feel free to reach out through the contact form.