A yearlong journey of self-discovery and inner healing within a circle of women
Cultivating health is more than picking which plant to use. Through this training, nature-loving women learn medicines for the heart, mind and soul!
Each time we gather, we will focus on one group of needs (rest, safety, respect, valuing, contribution, love, clarity, divine connection). We’ll explore how each group of needs is expressed in our lives, which strategies we engage to meet those needs, and how our underlying beliefs shape the strategies we choose.
Based in a culture of respect and self-knowledge, this unique “materia medica” developed by Corinna Wood provides tools to nourish your long-term thriving, from the roots up. The program supports the discovery of underlying needs and the development of healthy strategies to navigate the challenges we face as women in the world today. As you connect with your own needs, your day-to-day strategies will become increasingly effective–more and more, your outer life reflects the self-loving paradigm of the Wise Woman ways.
Join this group of sisters as we journey together on a year-long path of self-discovery through the cycle of the seasons–from the vulnerability of late winter to the emotional stirring of spring equinox; the fullness of summer solstice; the clarity and wisdom we seek at fall equinox; and then back to the roots of rest and renewal in winter.
Sessions will include a combination of teachings and activities as well as a dedicated sharing circle each Saturday. Note that while the content is earth-based, and many circle sisters are plant-lovers, there is not a direct herbal medicine component to this course of study. This program is also intended as a foundation for those interested in learning to lead their own women’s circles following this year-long format.
Curriculum includes . . .
- Deepen your love for yourself and connect with your own internal wisdom
- Learn a language of feelings and needs for self-understanding and self-expression
- Understand impacts of trauma and examine underlying beliefs that inform your choices
- Develop personal strategies for meeting your needs to support yourself thriving
- Translate concepts to personal experience through self-reflective exercises in class and at home
Daily schedue for each of the eight sessions
10:00 am - 1:00 pm ~ Morning session
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ~ Siesta/study lunch break
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm ~ Afternoon session
The program takes place in downtown Black Mountain, NC
Yearlong Training Registration
Eight Saturdays, February through December: Feb 15, March 21, May 9, June 13, Aug 1, Sept 5, Nov 7, Dec 5
- Submit an application
- Upon acceptance, pay $300 to register and secure your spot. Remaining balance due prior to start of program.
Registration will open in September 2019
Please complete the application to receive more information about the following financial assistance options.
- Scholarships: Due to socio-economic impacts of racism, scholarships are prioritized for women of color with financial need.
- Work exchange: Limited work-exchange positions are available for women local to Black Mountain who are able to offer garden/landscaping work in February, March, and April 2020
- Payment plans: Custom payment plans can be arranged to help manage the expense.
Fees are refundable for cancellations prior to December 31, 2019, minus an $85 cancellation fee. After December 31, 2019 there will be NO refunds.
Questions? Submit questions through the contact form.